POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : double image prob.in animation : Re: double image prob.in animation Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:18:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: double image prob.in animation
From: Alexander Enzmann
Date: 25 Jan 2001 16:10:25
Message: <3A7097F3.2A069196@mitre.org>
Well, after looking at the MPEG you sent me, the answer is easy.
Dropped frames.  On my machine (admittedly only 350Mhz), it manages to
sustain around 19 FPS.  The clip was built for 30FPS (just look at
statistics in Media Player).  Windows just tries to keep up and can't.

You probably need to compress for either a guaranteed bit rate, or use
enough compression that frames don't get dropped.

Xander